• Tony Bosworth

Richmond Marketplace evacuation as smoke seen in store



Three Fire and Rescue crews raced to Richmond’s Marketplace on Saturday morning and shoppers were briefly evacuated when smoke started to pour out of an electrical circuit board.


The incident began at 9.48am and saw fire crews from Richmond, Windsor, and Cranebrook, responded to reports of smoke in the shopping centre.


The damaged circuit board behind the incident


The smoke was caused by an electrical board malfunction, which the fire crews dealt with and made safe.


There were no injuries.








If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.

Click here to see how

Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!


674 views0 comments