PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT – URGENT CALL FOR TESTING & Riverstone cafe added to list
Due to increasing COVID-19 case numbers associated with the Avalon cluster and concerns over wider transmission, NSW Health is issuing an urgent call now to all residents of NSW – not only those in the Northern Beaches – to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
A café in Riverstone has also just been added to the list. People who visited Blend @ Grantham Café, on Wednesday, December 16 between 11-11.45am are considered casual contacts, and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result, says NSW Health.
Anyone in the state with even the mildest symptoms such as headache, fatigue, cough, sore throat or runny nose, is asked to come forward immediately for testing, then isolate until a negative result is received.
Given it’s the Christmas period and people are travelling more widely, here’s the list of places across Sydney potentially connected to live Covid cases:
Close and casual contacts:
· Sienna Marina, 7-41 Cowper Wharf Road, Woolloomoolo, 11 December, 12-2pm. Anyone who spent one hour or longer at the restaurant at this time must get tested and isolate until December 25. Other patrons should monitor for symptoms, and isolate and get tested immediately if symptoms appear.
· Pilgrims Vegetarian Café, 97 Gerrale St, Cronulla, 16 December 11.30am-2.30pm Anyone who was at the café during this time for one hour or more must be tested immediately and isolate until 30 December. Other patrons should monitor for symptoms, and get tested immediately if they appear.
· Cronulla RSL Club, 38 Gerrale St, Cronulla on 16 December, 5pm to closing time. Anyone who was at the RSL at this time must get tested and isolate until further notice. Close contacts will need to isolate until 30 December.
Anyone who attended the following locations is considered a close contact and must get tested and isolate for 14 days regardless of the result:
· Hair by Erika, Village Shopping Centre Lane Cove, 11 December, 3.30-5pm
· Rusti Fig Café Newport, 12 December, 9-10am
· Salon of Hair Turramurra, 15 December, 10am-3pm, and 16 December, 9.30am-3.30pm
People who have visited the following locations are casual contacts, and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result
· Coles Newport, 11 December, 5-7pm, and 12 December, 3.15-3.30pm
· Hills Florist, Terrey Hills, 12 December, 8-8.45am – close contacts have been contacted directly by NSW Health
· Restaurant Lovat, Newport, 12 December, 2.15-2.25pm and 4.10-4.15pm
· Nourished Wholefood Café, Avalon, 12 December, 7.30-7.40am
· RAN Sailing Association Darling Point, Navy Bear Café and Christmas party, 13 December, 10am‑4pm
· Sabiang Thai Restaurant, 4/49 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon Beach, 13 December, 6-8pm
· Seven West Media Building, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh, 14 December, 8-11.30am
· Mentmore and Morley Café and public toilets, 55 Mentmore Ave, Roseberry, 14 December 10am-3pm
· Harris Farm, Mona Vale Plaza, 14 December, 11-11.10am
· Paris Seafood Café, 136 Cronulla, 15 December, 8.30-9pm
· Cronulla Mall, 15 December, 8-9pm and 16 December 11am-12pm
· Blend @ Grantham Café, Riverstone, 16 December 11-11.45am
· Westfield Bondi Junction, 15 December, 1-2.30pm
· Forest Way Fruit Market, 2 Myoora St, Terrey Hills, 16 December, 4-4.10pm