Masks back on - three days of COVID restrictions return for Hawkesbury from 5pm today
People in Greater Sydney - this includes the Hawkesbury - Illawarra and Central Coast areas have to wear masks at indoor places - it is compulsory for the next three days, including on public transport, the supermarket and any other indoor event.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced the three-day tightening of restrictions this morning - Thursday - as NSW recorded a second case of COVID-19 and as health authorities attempt to zero in on how a Sydney man got the virus.
A second case - the man's wife - has prompted the re-introduction of a raft of restrictions the Premier hopes will prevent a super-spreading event.
There are no cases in the Hawkesbury but the man who tested positive yesterday moved around Sydney's eastern suburbs a lot while infectious, visiting a large range of venues.
The latest coronavirus case is the wife of the man, who’s in his 50s, in Sydney's eastern suburbs, who tested positive to the virus yesterday.
The man’s other nine close contacts have so far tested negative.
Restrictions in detail:
No more than 20 guests (including children) to gather in a household
Masks compulsory on public transport and in public indoor venues including retail, theatres, hospitals and aged care facilities
Front of house hospitality staff must wear face masks
Drinking while standing in indoor venue is not allowed
Singing by audiences at indoor shows or at indoor worship is not allowed
Dancing is not allowed in indoor hospitality venues or clubs, except for at weddings where it's recommended no more than 20 people are on a dance floor at one time
Visitors to aged care facilities must be limited to two people
And, not something - at the moment at least - that affects us directly in the Hawkesbury, but fragments of the virus that causes COVID-19 have been detected in the Marrickville Sewage Network.
This catchment includes about 42,000 people and takes sewage from the following suburbs – Dulwich Hill, Marrickville, Summer Hill, Lewisham, Ashfield, Haberfield, Petersham, Lilyfield and Leichhardt.
NSW Health is asking everyone in the area to be especially vigilant in monitoring for symptoms, and if they appear get tested and isolate immediately until a negative result is received.
Here are the venues and times that the infected person visited. There are a lot of places here, but none in the Hawkesbury. Still, we all travel...
Anyone who attended any of the following venues at the times specified is asked to immediately get tested and isolate until NSW Health provides further advice.
This applies to everyone, including those who have been partially or fully vaccinated.
- Balgowlah - SMITH MADE, 14/28 Roseberry Street, Balgowlah, NSW, 2094, NSW 2093: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 2:30pm to 2:45pm.
- Brookvale - Rug Cleaning Repairs Hand Rug Wash Sydney, 8/52-54 Sydenham Rd, Brookvale NSW 2100: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 12:30pm to 1:00pm.
- Collaroy - Alfresco Emporium, 1021 Pittwater Rd, Collaroy NSW 2097: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 1:00pm to 1:30pm.
- Double Bay - Chemist Warehouse, 459-463 New South Head Rd, Double Bay NSW 2028: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 3:45pm to 4:00pm.
- Double Bay - Woolworths, Kiaora Lane and Kiaora Rd, Double Bay NSW 2028: Tuesday 4 May 2021, 4:05pm to 4:15pm.
- Mascot - BP Runway, Cnr Butler Road, General Holmes Dr, Mascot NSW 2020: Saturday 1 May 2021, 4:30pm to 5pm.
- Moore Park - The Stadium Club, Entertainment Quarter, 122 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021: Monday 3 May 2021, 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- Moore Park - Azure Café, Entertainment Quarter, Shop 5a Building 205, 122 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021: Monday 3 May 2021, 12:30pm to 1:00pm.
- Rose Bay - The Royal Sydney Golf Club, Kent Rd, Rose Bay NSW 2029: Monday 3 May 2021, 5:30pm to 9:00pm.
- Silverwater - Joe's Barbeques & Heating, 142 Silverwater Road, Silverwater, NSW 2128: Saturday 1 May 2021, 1:30pm to 2:30pm.
- Silverwater - Tucker Barbecues, 138 Silverwater Road, Silverwater, NSW 2128: Saturday 1 May 2021, 1:30pm to 2:30pm.
- Sydney - District Brasserie, 2 Chifley Square, Sydney, NSW 2000: Friday 30 April 2021, 11am to 12pm.
Sydney - Fratelli Fresh, Pitt Street - Tuesday 27 April
HineSight Optometrist; Sofitel Sydney Wentworth - Friday 30 April
Some details from the venues above have been updated from earlier today, and some are new venues. The full list of venues of concern is available on the NSW Health website at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates. People are urged to check the website regularly for updates.
NSW Health was notified this evening that fragments of the virus that causes COVID-19 have been detected in the Marrickville Sewage Network.
More as we get it….
For the price of a coffee...
Many of us like a cup of coffee, and most of us like to know what's going on in our area. So we've got a deal for you - give us the price of a single coffee each month - let's call it $4.50 - and we'll keep providing quality daily online news as it happens. You can even read it while you're having your daily coffee. Support Hawkesbury Post right here.