• Tony Bosworth

Faulty dishwasher led to house fire in South Windsor this morning



A dozen Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) fire fighters worked to put out a fire that broke out at a home on McKellar Crescent in South Windsor just after 6.30am this morning - Thursday.


Crews arrived on scene following numerous triple zero calls reporting large plumes of smoke coming from the home.


Firefighters managed to quickly extinguish the blaze, which is believed to have started due to a fault inside a dishwasher.


A woman in a wheelchair was safely rescued from the home by NSW Police.


NSW Ambulance were also called in, but no injuries were reported.


With Fire and Rescue NSW crews called to several house fires this week across NSW, Superintendent Scott Dodson said it was a timely reminder for residents to develop their fire escape plan.


“Now is the time for residents to check they have a working smoke alarm and that all members of the family have an awareness of calling triple zero in an emergency,” he said.



As you're here...

Subscribe to Hawkesbury Post – it’s free and you can receive email alerts as news breaks.

And please help us continue to provide quality daily online news as it happens. Support Hawkesbury Post from one dollar, right here.

59 views0 comments