COVID by the numbers – Tuesday – 1 new Hawkesbury case – NSW 70% fully vaxxed by this coming Friday
Welcome to Tuesday afternoon and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Monday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 1 new case in the Hawkesbury – linked to other cases.
* There are 44 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (was 55 yesterday).
* It's looking like NSW will reach 70% fully vaccinated (aged 16 and over) on Friday, October 8 at the latest as the long weekend saw a low number of vaccinations. 80% fully vaccinated in NSW will probably be reached around November 1.
* Of the 608 local cases (was 623 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Monday, October 4 - 24 (was 28 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 462 active COVID cases (was 508 yesterday) in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* There were 85,642 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 76,892.
Vaccine percentages - in NSW, by the end of today, October 5 of those aged 16 and over:
68.3% fully vaccinated and 88.8% first dose.
53.9% of 12-15 year olds in NSW have already had one dose after the first vaccine was administered in NSW for 12-15 year olds on September 13.
* The 2750 postcode (Penrith, Emu Plains) has recorded 123 new cases in the last 14 days (7, 5, 2, 12, 10, 7, 5, 15, 8, 22, 7, 8, 11, 4).
* Victoria has just set a new Australian daily case record: 1763 new cases in Vic today plus 4 new deaths. In the previous five days in Victoria, there were 1377 new cases and 4 new deaths, 1220 cases and 3 deaths, 1488 cases and 2 deaths, 1143 cases and 3 deaths and 1438 cases and 5 deaths.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 1 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* 23 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia) - was 30 yesterday
* 14 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks) - was 19 yesterday
* 7 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 6 yesterday
* 0 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 0 yesterday
NSW COVID vaccination status (of cases during Delta outbreak from June 16 until October 4)
Based on NSW Health Surveillance Reports to September 18 and cases since.
387 deaths: 71.3% not vaccinated (276 people), 16.3% had received 1 dose (63 people), 12.4% were fully vaccinated (48 people)
834 in ICU: 77.6% not vaccinated, 16.5% had received 1 dose, 5.9% were fully vaccinated
7579 hospitalised: 72.4% not vaccinated, 15.3% had received 1 dose, 12.3% were fully vaccinated
60,016 cases: 64.2% not vaccinated, 20.9% had received 1 dose, 14.9% were fully vaccinated
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 7 deaths in the last 24 hours - none in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is reporting the deaths of 7 people – 6 men and 1 woman.
One person was in their 50s, two in their 60s, three in their 70s, and one person in their 80s.
Five people were from south western Sydney, one person was from western Sydney, and one person was from Dubbo.
Five of those who died were not vaccinated, and two people had received one dose of a COVID vaccine.
There have been 387 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on 16 June 2021.
At least 37 of the 387 have died at home and 20 of those didn't know they had COVID at the time of death.
At least 48 of the 387 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were fully vaccinated.
The 48 deaths among people fully vaccinated were 2 people in their 50s, 3 people in their 60s, 15 people in their 70s, 16 people in their 80s and 12 people in their 90s.
The large majority of the people that were fully vaccinated and died of COVID had underlying health issues, over half had significant health issues.
There are 978 with COVID (was 959 yesterday) in hospital, with 190 (193 yesterday) people in ICU, 94 (97 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There are a further 3900 COVID patients being cared for in the community (mostly at home) via 'hospital grade care'.
There are currently 8571 active cases in NSW.
There have been 60,016 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!