COVID by the numbers – Thursday – 3 new Hawkesbury cases – another death at Hawkesbury Living
Updated: Oct 17
Welcome to Thursday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Wednesday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
Today’s headlines: * 3 new cases in the Hawkesbury, 3 of which are from an unknown source and not linked.
* A man in his 90s sadly passed away at Hawkesbury Living aged care facility in the last 24 hours, which takes the total number of deaths at the March St home in Richmond since this pandemic began in June to 8.
* Today’s 3 new COVID cases are in the same postcode – 2756 Windsor, etc – as the 5 new cases yesterday.
* There are 18 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (was 18 yesterday).
* NSW will reach 80% fully vaccinated (those 16 and over) by Saturday, with more restrictions lifted this coming Monday, October 18.
* November 8 is the deadline for teachers and school staff to be fully vaccinated. So far, 94.1% are fully vaccinated, 5.4% partially and 0.5% (650) have a medical exemption or have refused a vaccine.
* Schools return in four days time and only fully vaccinated teachers and school staff will be allowed on school campuses.
* 32% of NSW’s public teacher work-force are yet to lodge their vaccination status. Of the 130,000 adults working at schools, 89,000 staff members had updated their status as of 9am yesterday. Warning letters were sent yesterday.
Of those that have updated their status, 1000 are not fully vaccinated.
* The country’s two biggest banks, Westpac and Commonwealth Bank, require staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID, affecting 75,000 staff. NAB and ANZ Bank are not currently planning to mandate the COVID vaccination.
* TGA tells Pfizer Australia it can apply for vaccine approval for Australian children aged 5 to 11 years. It could be approved within a month, with the medical regulator weighing up whether the benefits outweigh any side effects.
Both TGA and ATAGI would need to approve the application for the Australian government to proceed with the extended rollout to two million Aussie kids aged 5 to 11.
* Production of AstraZeneca will be scrapped in Australia by Christmas due to the demand for Pfizer and Moderna.
* There have been 31.45 million doses administered in Australia: 18.6 million Pfizer, 12.5 million AZ and 350,000 Moderna.
* Vaccine uptake in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is 26% behind the national average: For 16 years and over: 42.3% are fully vaccinated, 57.5% have had their first dose.
* Premier Perrottet says NSW residents will be offered two more $25 Dine & Discover vouchers which will be available in December. It means every adult will have been given access to 6 vouchers, worth a total of $150, to be used by June 2022.
* Of the 406 new NSW cases (was 444 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Wednesday, October 13 - 24 are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* In the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD, there were 20 cases yesterday, 15, 23, 20, 41, 35, 20, 33, 28, 15, 42 on previous days.
* There were 85,133 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous days: 88,988, 83,948, 86,155, 79,894, 103,388, 112,186, 90,680, 85,642 tests.
* There are 5599 active COVID cases (was 6055 yesterday) in NSW.
New COVID cases in the Hawkesbury by postcode
* 3 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* 12 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 11 yesterday
* 3 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 4 yesterday
* 2 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks) - was 2 yesterday
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek, Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 1 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 6 deaths in the last 24 hours – one in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 6 people – 3 women and 3 men.
Two were in their 60s, 2 were in their 80s, and 2 people were in their 90s.
A man in his 90s died at the Hawkesbury Living Aged Care Facility in Richmond, where he acquired his infection. He was fully vaccinated and had underlying health conditions. There are now 8 deaths linked to an outbreak at this facility.
2 people who passed away were from south western Sydney, 1 person was from Wollongong, 1 person was from the Nepean area, 1 person was from western Sydney, and 1 person was from south eastern Sydney.
3 people were not vaccinated, 2 people had received one dose of a COVID vaccine, and 1 person was fully vaccinated.
A man in his 60s from south western Sydney died at Campbelltown Hospital where he acquired his infection. He was not vaccinated and had underlying health conditions. There are now 5 deaths linked to an outbreak at this hospital.
There have been 456 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 41 of the 456 have died at home and of those, 23 didn't know they had COVID at the time of death.
At least 63 of the 456 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were fully vaccinated.
The 63 deaths among people fully vaccinated were 3 people in their 50s, 4 people in their 60s, 21 people in their 70s, 19 people in their 80s and 16 people in their 90s.
The large majority of the people that were fully vaccinated and died of COVID had underlying health issues, and over half had significant health issues.
Over 5 million of NSW's 8.2 million residents are fully vaccinated, 63 of those fully vaccinated have died of the virus.
There are 711 patients with COVID in hospital (was 716 yesterday), with 143 (150 yesterday) in ICU, 75 (76 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
Vaccinated numbers - in NSW, by the end of today, October 14
16 years and over: 79.0% fully vaccinated and 91.9% first dose.
12-15 year olds: 27.4% fully vaccinated and 76.1% first dose.
All 8.2 million NSW residents (aged 0 and over): 61.9% fully vaccinated and 77.2% first dose.
All 25.9 million Australian residents (aged 0 and over): 53.8% fully vaccinated and 70.3% first dose.
NSW Covid vaccination status (of cases during Delta outbreak from June 16 until October 13)
Based on NSW Health Surveillance Reports to September 25 and cases since.
456 COVID deaths: 68.9% not vaccinated (314 people), 17.3% had received 1 dose (79 people), 13.8% were fully vaccinated (63 people)
1099 in ICU: 84.2% not vaccinated, 11.2% had received 1 dose, 4.6% were fully vaccinated
8351 hospitalised: 80.5% not vaccinated, 10.% had received 1 dose, 8.7% were fully vaccinated
64,544 cases: 78.2% not vaccinated, 13.1% had received 1 dose, 8.7% were fully vaccinated
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!