COVID by the numbers – Sunday – 2 new Hawkesbury cases in postcodes 2753 and 2754
Updated: Oct 4
Welcome to Sunday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Saturday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 2 new cases in the Hawkesbury – all linked.
* There are 62 active in the Hawkesbury (was 70 yesterday).
* There are 9215 active cases in NSW.
* Of the 667 new NSW cases (was 813 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Saturday, October 2 - 15 (was 42 yesterday) are from the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 537 active cases (was 579 yesterday) in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* There were 88,210 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 98,266.
* The number of tests yesterday was the lowest in NSW since July 31 when there were 87,712 tests.
* The highest number of tests in one day in NSW (and in Australia) was 311,083 tests to 8pm, Sunday, August 22, 2021.
* 677 new cases in NSW is the lowest since 644 local cases were reported to 8pm, August 20. The highest so far in NSW was 1599 new cases reported to 8pm, on September 11.
* 15 new cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD is the lowest since 13 new local cases (12 from Penrith LGA and 1 from the Blue Mountains LGA) were reported to 8pm, August 5 - almost two months ago.
* There have been 58,811 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
* Vaccinated - In NSW, by the end of today, October 3 of those aged 16 and over:
67.3% fully vaccinated and 88.6% first dose
52.6% of 12-15 year olds have already had one dose after the first vaccine was administered in NSW for 12-15 year olds on September 13.
* Of the 195 people in ICU:
1 child aged between 0-9 years
3 children aged between 10-19
7 in their 20s
17 in the 30s
35 in their 40s
49 in the 50s
44 in the 60s
35 in their 70s
4 in their 80s
* Of the 647 healthcare workers that have been diagnosed with COVID in the current outbreak (June 16 - October 2) in NSW, 37% have been fully vaccinated and 14% have been partially vaccinated. Between June 16 and October 2, 84% of healthcare workers associated with the current NSW outbreak have been infected in the community and outside of a healthcare setting.
* Between June 16 - October 2, there have been 237 cases reported in aged-care workers. Of these, 24% were partially vaccinated and 29% were fully vaccinated. 20% were infected in an aged-care facility, 20% were social or household contacts of previously reported cases, and 60% are not currently linked.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 1 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
* 1 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* 36 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia) - was 45 yesterday
* 20 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 20 yesterday
* 6 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 5 yesterday
* 0 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 0 yesterday
NSW COVID vaccination status (of cases during the Delta outbreak from June 16 until October 1)
Based on NSW Health Surveillance Reports to September 18 and cases since.
* 374 deaths: 71.6% not vaccinated (268 people), 15.8% had received 1 dose (59 people), 12.6% were fully vaccinated (47 people).
* 829 in ICU: 78.7% not vaccinated, 16.2% had received 1 dose, 5.1% were fully vaccinated.
* 7549 hospitalised: 72.7% not vaccinated, 15.1% had received 1 dose, 12.2% were fully vaccinated.
* 58,811 cases: 65.1% not vaccinated, 20.2% had received 1 dose, 14.7% were fully vaccinated.
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 10 deaths in the last 24 hours - none in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 10 people with COVID – 6 women and 4 men.
Two people were in their 50s, four were in their 60s, two in their 70s and two people were in their 80s.
Three were from south western Sydney, three were from western Sydney, one was from south eastern Sydney, one was from the Eastern Suburbs, one was from the Wollongong area, and one from the Nepean Blue Mountains area.
Of those who passed, four were not vaccinated, four had received one dose of a COVID vaccine, and two people had received two doses of a COVID vaccine.
The two people who had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine both acquired their infections in aged-care facilities.
A man in his 80s from western Sydney who died at Auburn Hospital acquired his infection at Hardi Aged Care Facility in Guildford. It’s the fifth death linked to this outbreak.
A woman in her 80s from western Sydney who died at Campbelltown Hospital acquired her infection at Northcourt Aged Care Facility in North Paramatta. This is the first death linked to this outbreak.
A woman in her 60s from western Sydney died at Westmead Hospital. Her infection is associated with Mount Druitt Hospital. This is the second death linked to this outbreak.
Two people died at home:
A man in his 60s from the Wollongong area was not vaccinated and had underlying health conditions.
A woman in her 50s from the Eastern Suburbs had received one dose of a COVID-vaccine. She tested positive to COVID following her death.
There have been 374 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 37 of those 374 have died at home. Twenty of them didn't know they had COVID at the time of death.
At least 47 of the 374 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were fully vaccinated.
Of those 47, two were in their 50s, 3 in their 60s, 15 people in their 70s, 16 in their 80s and 11 in their 90s.
The majority of people fully vaccinated who died of COVID had underlying health issues - over half had significant health issues.
There are 981 patients with COVID (was 1005 yesterday) in hospital, with 195 (202 yesterday) people in ICU, 93 (99 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
Of the 195 in ICU: 140 (71.8%) are not vaccinated, 41 (21.1%) had received one dose, 14 (7.1%) are fully vaccinated.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!