COVID by the numbers – Saturday - 10 new Hawkesbury cases in postcodes 2753, 2756, 2758
Updated: Sep 26
Welcome to Saturday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Friday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 10 new cases in the Hawkesbury - 1 of which is from an unknown source and not linked.
* 121 active cases in the Hawkesbury LGA (was 131 yesterday).
* Of the 1007 new NSW cases (was 1043 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Friday, September 24 - 66 (was 58 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury..
At the end of today: NSW is 60.0% fully vaccinated with 85.7% having had their first dose.
There were 108,105 COVID-tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 131,668.
* The ACT's Chief Minister said today: "We are starting to see a large amount of COVID patients from NSW who are unable to be treated in NSW starting to come to ACT hospitals. This is a trend we anticipate to continue."
* NSW Health’s Dr Jeremy McAnulty said today: "There's been a number (9 in the last four days) of new cases in the Lithgow area of late and we're concerned about the spread there."
* Singapore – and this is a snapshot of what can happen even with high vaccination rates - has tightened COVID restrictions despite 91% of the eligible population being fully vaccinated, a shift away from its stated transition toward living with the virus. Singapore recorded another pandemic record of 1650 new cases today. They were recording 20-100 cases per day before reopening between August 10-17, when 75% of the eligible population became fully vaccinated, according to figures from Singapore's Ministry of Health.
56% of those in hospital in Singapore are fully vaccinated, says the country's Health Ministry , while Israel is at 59% of those in hospital fully vaccinated (85% of Israel's eligible population is fully vaccinated), according to its Ministry of Health.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 5 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
* 4 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
70 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 77 yesterday
39 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 40 yesterday
6 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 8 yesterday
5 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 5 yesterday
1 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Macdonald Valley, Spencer) - was 1 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 11 deaths in the last 24 hours - none in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 11 people with COVID - 10 men and 1 woman.
1 person was in their 40s, 1 person was in their 50s, 2 people were in their 60s, 3 people were in their 70s, 3 people were in their 80s and 1 person was in their 90s.
2 people were from south eastern Sydney, 5 were from south western Sydney, 2 were from Sydney, 1 was from the Blue Mountains, and 1 was from western Sydney.
One of these cases was a man in his 70s from the Blue Mountains who acquired his infection (as per NSW Health's statement) at the Uniting Care Springwood - Hillman House Aged Care Facility ,where he was a resident. He was not vaccinated.
The man had been in hospital, tested negative before he left hospital but a few days later when he returned to Uniting Care Springwood tested positive.
9 people were not vaccinated, and 2 people had received one dose. At least 8 had underlying medical conditions.
3 people, one man in his 40s, one man in his 50s, and one woman in her 80s died at home. Their infections were diagnosed after their deaths.
There have been 290 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 30 of the 290 have died at home. 15 of those 30 didn't know they had Covid at the time of death.
At least 34 of the 290 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were were people fully vaccinated.
There are 1187 people with COVID in hospital (was 1186 yesterday), with 229 (232 yesterday) in ICU, 118 (110 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There are 13,180 active COVID cases in NSW.
There have been 52,143 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!