COVID by the numbers – Monday – 3 new Hawkesbury cases in 2756 and 2758 postcodes, 1 source unknown
Welcome to Monday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Sunday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 3 new COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - 1 of which is from an unknown source and not linked to other cases
* There are 18 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (was 16 yesterday)
* Over half a million (512,000) students from Years 2 to 11 were welcomed back to classrooms across NSW this morning.
* There have been at least 102 temporary school closures due to COVID in NSW since the beginning of Term 4 on October 5 (15 school days). This was when schools were at minimal/low capacity.
* No numbers on daycare/childcare centres, or before or after school care centres, closing in the last 15 school days due to COVID cases.
* Dr Jeremy McAnulty from NSW Health provided a 4 minute pre-recorded COVID update at 11am today for the third day in a row.
* Dr McAnulty: "With all school students back in classrooms across NSW today, we remind parents to please remain vigilant as symptoms of COVID can often be mild in children. Parents should keep their children home from school if they have any symptoms of COVID and take them to get tested."
* Of the 294 new NSW cases (was 296 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Sunday, October 24 - 9 are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 188 active cases (was 197 yesterday) in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD:
* In the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD, there were 13 cases yesterday, 6, 15, 10, 13, 27, 10, 6, 4, 20 on previous days.
* There are 4515 active cases (was 4615 yesterday) in NSW.
* There were 59,612 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous days of 66,740, 64,118, 76,594, 86,235, 88,664 tests.
* The 59,612 COVID-19 tests in NSW yesterday was the lowest in NSW since 58,299 COVID-19 tests were reported on July 15 - 103 days ago.
* Since July 15, there have been 100,000 + tests in NSW on 63 different days with the highest in one day being 247,258 tests.
* The average number of daily tests in the last 2 weeks is 78,063.
* Peak caseloads and tests in NSW were in August and September when the average number of daily tests in those 2 months was 131,552.
* 5.78 million of NSW's 8.2 million residents are now fully vaccinated, 77 of those that were fully vaccinated have died of the virus.
New COVID cases in the Hawkesbury by postcode
* 2 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek, Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness)
* 1 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
12 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 12 yesterday
5 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 3 yesterday
1 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks) - was 1 yesterday
0 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 0 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 4 deaths in the last 24 hours – none in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 4 people with COVID – 3 men and 1 woman.
One person was in their 40s, two were in their 60s, and one was in their 70s.
Two people were from Sydney’s Inner West, one person from south west Sydney, and one person from the Central Coast.
The person in their 40s was not vaccinated, the two people in their 60s had received one dose of a COVID vaccine, and the person in their 70s was fully vaccinated. All four people had underlying health conditions.
There have been 504 COVID-19 related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 42 of the 504 have died at home and of those, 24 didn't know they had COVID at the time of death.
At least 77 of the 504 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were fully vaccinated people.
The 77 deaths among people fully vaccinated were 4 people in their 50s, 5 people in their 60s, 25 people in their 70s, 23 people in their 80s and 20 people in their 90s.
The large majority of the people that were fully vaccinated and died of Covid had underlying health issues, over half had significant health issues, almost a quarter were in palliative care, some had disabilities.
There are 474 people with COVID in hospital (was 480 yesterday), with 116 (119 yesterday) in ICU, 57 (67 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There have been 67,916 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
Vaccinated numbers - in NSW, by the end of today, October 25
16 years and over: 85.7% fully vaccinated and 93.5% first dose.
12-15 year olds: 53.4% fully vaccinated and 78.1% first dose.
16-19 year olds: 72.8% fully vaccinated and 88.1% first dose.
All 8.2 million NSW residents (aged 0 and over): 71.7% fully vaccinated and 79.3% first dose.
All 25.9 million Australian residents (aged 0 and over): 60.9% fully vaccinated and 73.1% first dose.
NSW COVID vaccination status (of cases during Delta outbreak from June 16 until October 24)
Based on NSW Health Surveillance Reports to October 9, and cases since.
504 COVID deaths: 66.6% were not vaccinated (336 people), 18.1% had received 1 dose (91 people), 15.3% were fully vaccinated (77 people).
1137 in ICU: 84.0% not vaccinated, 11.2% had received 1 dose, 4.8% were fully vaccinated
8399 hospitalised: 80.4% not vaccinated, 11.1% had received 1 dose, 8.5% were fully vaccinated
67,916 cases: 77.9% not vaccinated, 13.3% had received 1 dose, 8.8% were fully vaccinated
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!