COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury – Tuesday September 7
Here's today’s in-depth round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers, compiled by Kevin Pollard, who has trawled NSW Health’s latest daily numbers and put them together in an easily accessible form, allowing you to see the numbers in your suburb.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* There are 11 new cases in the Hawkesbury today (there were 9 new cases yesterday) and all today's are linked.
* Hawkesbury active COVID cases number 158, 68 of which are from an unknown source
* Of the 1220 local cases (was 1281 yesterday) reported to 8pm last night, 79 (was 68 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (LHD), which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 1854 active cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD.
* South Windsor's two Alphabet Academy pre-schools are closed because of COVID. They are in Macquarie Street and Church Street, South Windsor.
* NSW government is working towards October 14 as the date NSW can return to the pub, but only those who are fully vaccinated will be able to enter or work at pubs and clubs. There are discussions about leaving the return until vaccination rates are closer to 90%. A pilot program could see one location test this out – an area with high vaccination rates and low COVID cases. This is despite the NSW Premier saying October will be the peak for cases, deaths, hospitalisations and those in ICU.
* Hundreds of ICU nurses across NSW have signed an open letter to Premier Berejiklian warning the hospital system is “in crisis” and demanding the standard ratio of one nurse to each patient in ICU be guaranteed.
* Scott Morrison says, when we get to 80% full vaccinated, domestic restrictions on fully vaccinated people will be lifted. He says restrictions on interstate travel and other activities are likely to stay for the unvaccinated. But much of this will also be down to the States and Territories, who decide on their own borders.
* Morrison also said mandatory QR Check-In codes at use in businesses will soon need to register whether people are vaccinated or not. Those who are unvaccinated will still be allowed to enter but will be prioritised in contact tracing. It’s not clear how this will work for people who do not have mobile phones or who haven’t downloaded the Service NSW app.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 10 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
There are 77 active Covid cases in 2753.
* 1 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia).
There are 49 active Covid cases in 2756.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
* 77 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 67 yesterday
* 49 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 48 yesterday
* 23 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 23 yesterday
* 8 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kuurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 8 yesterday
* 1 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 1 yesterday
Hawkesbury postcode of 2757 (Kurmond) has 0 active cases, as does Blue Mountains postcodes of 2784 (Bullaburra), 2785 (Blackheath, Megalong, Shipley), 2778 (Linden, Woodford) and it’s been that way for many months.
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours:
NSW Health has been notified of the deaths of 8 people who had COVID-19:
The death of a woman in her 70s from Enngonia in western NSW at Dubbo Hospital was announced yesterday
A man in his 90s from south east Sydney died at St George Hospital
A man in his 50s from Nepean Blue Mountains died at Nepean Hospital
A man in his 60s from Nepean Blue Mountains died at home
A woman in her 70s from western Sydney died at Nepean Hospital
A man in his 90s from south western Sydney died at Campbelltown Hospital. He was a resident of Advantage Aged Care Facility at Prestons Lodge and acquired his infection there
A man in his 70s from south west Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital
A man in his 80s from Western Sydney died at Westmead Hospital
There have been 140 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta outbreak in NSW including 13 people who died at home.
There are 1151 COVID patients (was 1071 yesterday) in hospital, with 192 (177 yesterday) people in ICU, 75 (67 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There were 100,745 COVID-19 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 136,455.
There have been 30,478 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported with approximately 18,400 being unlinked cases and under investigation. There are 26,082 active cases in NSW.
COVID tests, dates, and positive cases by Hawkesbury postcode:
Tests in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, etc - 2753 population 17,314):
432 - Sep 07 (10 new cases)
785 - Sep 06 (6 new cases)
793 - Sep 05 (6 new cases)
623 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
591 - Sep 03
547 - Sep 02 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, etc - 2756 population 33,932):
740 - Sep 07 (1 new case)
1162 - Sep 06 (1 new case)
1084 - Sep 05 (7 new cases)
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
996 - Sep 03 (6 new cases)
1002 - Sep 02 (6 new cases)
Tests in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc - 2758 population 8715):
128 - Sep 07
228 - Sep 06
220 - Sep 05
167 - Sep 04 (1 new case)
220 - Sep 03
Tests in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes - 2754 population 5693):
116 - Sep 07
212 - Sep 06 (2 new cases)
184 - Sep 05
164 - Sep 04 (7 new cases)
176 - Sep 03 (1 new case)
176 - Sep 02 (1 new case)
Tests in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry - 2775 population 1549):
8 - Sep 07
21 - Sep 06
26 - Sep 05
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!