COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury – Tuesday – 11 new cases in postcodes 2753, 2756, 2758
Welcome to Tuesday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Monday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* There are 11 new cases in the Hawkesbury - all of which are from an unknown source and not linked.
* Active cases are back on the NSW Health website for the first time in 5 days.
* There are 148 active cases in the Hawkesbury.
* Of the 1022 new NSW cases (was 935 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Monday, September 20 - 44 (was 49 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There were 121,661 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 124,650.
* Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine has shown to be safe and highly effective in children aged 5-11. It plans to seek authorisation from the US Food and Drug Administration by the end of the month and other countries including Australia in October.
* The NSW construction industry will return to 100% capacity from next Monday. Workers from the 12 LGAs of concern will still need to be vaccinated if they want to leave their area for work.
* COVID has now killed as many Americans as the Spanish flu - approximately 675,000. It is estimated that same number of Americans died during the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 6 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
* 4 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness)
Active cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* There are 148 active cases in the Hawkesbury
* 79 are in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc)
* 51 are in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc)
* 9 are in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc)
* 8 are in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes)
* 1 is in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Macdonald Valley)
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 10 deaths in the last 24 hours - none in the Hawkesbury
One deceased person was in their 50s, one person was in their 60s, two people were in their 70s, five people in their 80s and one person in their 90s.
Six people were from south western Sydney, one person was from western Sydney, one person was from south eastern Sydney, one person was from northern Sydney and one person was from Sydney’s north west.
Of the 10 people who died with COVID-19, 6 were not vaccinated, 2 people had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 2 people – a woman in her 90s and a man in his 80s, both with serious underlying health conditions – were fully vaccinated.
Of the 10 deaths, a woman in her 90s from western Sydney is the third death linked to an outbreak at Hardi Guildford Aged Care Facility. She died at Westmead Hospital.
A man in his 80s from Sydney’s north west died at Hornsby Hospital, where he acquired his infection.
A man in his 80s from south western Sydney, who died at Concord Hospital, acquired his infection at Canterbury Hospital.
There have been 257 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on 16 June.
At least 31 of the 257 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were people fully vaccinated.
There are 1266 patients with COVID (was 1,207 yesterday) admitted to hospital, with 244 (236 yesterday) people in ICU, 118 (123 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
Of the 244 people in ICU: 181 are not vaccinated, 54 have received 1 vaccine dose, 9 are fully vaccinated.
There have been 48,061 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported. There are 13,604 active cases in NSW.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!