COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury - Thursday September 9
Here is today’s in-depth round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers, compiled by Kevin Pollard, who has trawled NSW Health’s latest daily numbers and put them together in an easily accessible form, we’re now also including vaccination rates per suburb.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 17 new cases in the Hawkesbury - 5 of which are from an unknown source and not linked.
* 183 active cases in the Hawkesbury, 79 of which are from an unknown source.
* A COVID positive case attended Londonderry Early Learning Centre, Kenmare Road, Londonderry late last week. The centre has temporarily closed.
* Of the 1405 local cases (was 1480 yesterday) reported to 8pm last night, 74 (was 60 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (LHD), which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 1985 active cases in Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* There were 156,481 COVID-19 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 130,341.
* There have been 33,324 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported with approximately 19,600 being unlinked cases and under investigation. There are 28,312 active cases in NSW.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 7 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks).
There are 86 active COVID cases in 2753.
* 5 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes).
There are 29 active COVID cases in 2754.
* 3 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia).
There are 56 active Covid cases in 2756.
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness).
There are 11 active COVID cases in 2758.
* 1 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald). There are 2 active COVID cases in 2775.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
86 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 79 yesterday
56 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 53 yesterday
29 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 24 yesterday
11 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 10 yesterday
2 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 1 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours
A man in his 80s from north-western Sydney died at Nepean Hospital and was from an aged care facility in Penrith. He was fully vaccinated
A woman in her 70s from western Sydney died at Ryde Hospital
A woman in her 70s from western Sydney died at Concord Repatriation General Hospital
A man in his 80s from south-western Sydney died at Westmead Hospital
A woman in her 40s from south-western Sydney, died at Liverpool Hospital
There have been 154 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta outbreak in NSW.
There are 1175 COVID patients (was 1136 yesterday) in hospital, with 202 (194 yesterday) people in ICU, 80 (78 yesterday) of whom require ventilation
COVID tests, dates, and positive cases by Hawkesbury postcode:
Tests in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, etc - 2753 population 17,314):
882 - Sep 09 (7 new cases)
714 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
432 - Sep 07 (10 new cases)
785 - Sep 06 (6 new cases)
793 - Sep 05 (6 new cases)
623 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, etc - 2756 population 33,932):
1191 - Sep 09 (3 new cases)
927 - Sep 08 (4 new cases)
740 - Sep 07 (1 new case)
1162 - Sep 06 (1 new case)
1084 - Sep 05 (7 new cases)
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
996 - Sep 03 (6 new cases)
1002 - Sep 02 (6 new cases)
Tests in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc - 2758 population 8715):
248 - Sep 09 (1 new case)
170 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
128 - Sep 07
Tests in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes - 2754 population 5693):
250 - Sep 09 (5 new cases)
144 - Sep 08 (1 new case)
116 - Sep 07
212 - Sep 06 (2 new cases)
Tests in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry, Macdonald Valley - 2775 population 1549):
33 - Sep 09 (1 new case)
11 - Sep 08
8 - Sep 07
21 - Sep 06
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!