COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury – Saturday September 4
One of our readers is an avid number cruncher and each day he trawls through all the information released by NSW Health on the COVID figures, which includes how many cases in postcodes both in the Hawkesbury and surrounding local government areas.
He’s compiling them for us now every afternoon, so a big thanks to Kevin Pollard, and if numbers are your thing, or you just want to drill down into the postcode you live in, here’s the info below – all from NSW Health figures.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds to a useful source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
Headline figures today:
· There are currently 125 active cases of COVID in the Hawkesbury, 62 of which are from an unknown source. (Active cases drop off after 30 days).
· Today’s 18 new cases in the Hawkesbury LGA is the highest daily increase so far during the pandemic. The previous record was 12 daily cases three days ago.
· Of the 1533 new NSW cases (was 1431 yesterday) reported to 8pm last night, 96 (was 95 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (LHD) which includes the Hawkesbury.
· Yesterday was the second busiest day in NSW Ambulance history.
· Thirty days ago, there were 66 active cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD, now there's 1624.
The Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases
(bear in mind that some postcodes, including those for Agnes Banks, Londonderry and Maroota, for example, do cross slightly into other local government areas):
* 7 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson). There are 21 active Covid cases in 2754 – was 14 yesterday.
* 5 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce). There are 40 active Covid cases in 2756 – was 35 yesterday.
* 5 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale). There are 55 active Covid cases in 2753 – was 50 yesterday.
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong). There are 8 active Covid cases in 2758 – was 7 yesterday.
COVID tests, dates, and positive cases by Hawkesbury postcode:
2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry):
623 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
591 - Sep 03
547 - Sep 02 (5 new cases)
2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville):
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
996 - Sep 03 (6 new cases)
1002 - Sep 02 (6 new cases)
888 - Sep 01 (1 new case)
2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong):
167 - Sep 04 (1 new case)
220 - Sep 03
204 - Sep 02
2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson):
164 - Sep 04 (7 new cases)
176 - Sep 03 (1 new case)
176 - Sep 02 (1 new case)
177 - Sep 01
Our source information - link for NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!