COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury - Saturday morning report
Welcome to Saturday, and these figures here this morning are actually the numbers we would have posted yesterday – Friday - so we’ll post again later today with a further update as numbers are revised yet again.
Why is that? Well, normally we get the previous 24-hours detailed numbers by around 3pm – that would have been Friday – but it seems NSW Health is no longer easily making these figures publicly available.
It may be a temporary glitch, or a refocus on the part of NSW Health, but this development comes hard on the heels of Premier Gladys Berejiklian saying yesterday she will no longer front daily media conferences at a time when by her own admission, COVID cases are set to rise.
We believe Hawkesbury residents deserve to know what is happening with the pandemic in our own backyard.
Our indefatigable number cruncher, Kevin Pollard, has managed to get hold of the dataset and so, for the moment, service is resumed here at the Post.
So, here is the latest in-depth round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers we have, compiled by Kevin Pollard, who has put the numbers together in this easily accessible form.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* The Hawkesbury LGA recorded a pandemic record 21 new cases (12 of which are from an unknown source). The previous record was 18 new cases six days ago.
* Of the 1542 new NSW cases (was 1405 yesterday) reported to 8pm Thursday September 9 - 88 (was 74 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District which includes the Hawkesbury:
* There are 205 active in the Hawkesbury, 91 of which are from an unknown source
* Hawkesbury postcode of 2757 (Kurmond) still has 0 active cases. It's been that way for many months.
* There are 2074 active cases in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* The most cases from the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD in one day was 96 new cases on September 4.
* NSW is ending the daily COVID press conferences with the last being this Sunday. Updates will be delivered by video from NSW Health after that.
* Premier Berejiklian or Health Minister Brad Hazzard will hold pressers only "on a needs basis".
* The Premier said, "we have the most transparent information of any state."
* Cases numbers, hospitalisation, ICU patients, and deaths will likely reach their peak between now and the end of October but now Gladys Berejiklian stops public press conferences while NSW Parliament is closed until October 12.
* NSW Labor has demanded the Premier reverse her decision to axe her daily COVID press conference, declaring "it's important that we understand what's going on".
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 10 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia
There are 66 active COVID cases in 2756.
* 5 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness)
There are 16 active COVID cases in 2758.
* 5 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks
There are 91 active COVID cases in 2753.
* 1 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, the Slopes).
There are 30 active COVID cases in 2754.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
91 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 86 yesterday
66 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 56 yesterday
30 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 29 yesterday
16 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 11 yesterday
2 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 2 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours
9 people who had COVID died in the 24 hours up to September 9.
A man in his 60s from western Sydney died at home
A man in his 70s from south-eastern Sydney died at Prince of Wales Hospital
A woman in her 40s from south-western Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital
A man in his 70s from Sydney’s southern suburbs died at home
A woman in her 50s from the Central Coast died at Gosford Hospital
A man in his 60s from western Sydney died at Royal North Shore Hospital
A woman in her 80s from western Sydney died at Ryde Hospital
A man in his 30s from Nepean Blue Mountains died at Nepean Hospital
A man in his 50s from south-western Sydney died in Liverpool Hospital
All had underlying health issues, three were fully vaccinated.
There have been 163 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta outbreak in NSW. 19 of the 163 were fully vaccinated. 14 of the 163 died at home.
There are 1156 people with COVID in hospital (was 1175 yesterday), with 207 (202 yesterday) people in ICU, 89 (80 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There were 133,226 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 156,481.
There have been 34,809 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported with approximately 20,400 being unlinked cases and under investigation.
NSW dropped their active cases from 27,997 to 14,048 yesterday a drop of 13,949 cases.
COVID tests, dates, and positive cases by Hawkesbury postcode:
(these go to Thursday September 9. No figures are available at the moment for Friday).
Tests in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, etc - 2753 population 17,314):
XXX - Sep 10
882 - Sep 09 (7 new cases)
714 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
432 - Sep 07 (10 new cases)
785 - Sep 06 (6 new cases)
793 - Sep 05 (6 new cases)
Tests in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, etc - 2756 population 33,932):
XXXXX - Sep 10
1191 - Sep 09 (3 new cases)
927 - Sep 08 (4 new cases)
740 - Sep 07 (1 new case)
1162 - Sep 06 (1 new case)
1084 - Sep 05 (7 new cases)
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc - 2758 population 8715):
XXX - Sep 10
248 - Sep 09 (1 new case)
170 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
Tests in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes - 2754 population 5693):
XXX - Sep 10
250 - Sep 09 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry - 2775 population 1549):
XX - Sep 10
33 - Sep 09 (1 new case)
11 - Sep 08
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!