COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury - Saturday evening report
Welcome to Saturday evening and the latest Hawkesbury COVID numbers – these are up to 8pm on Friday night.
Here is the latest in-depth round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers we have, compiled by Kevin Pollard, who has put the numbers together in this easily accessible form.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
Unfortunately - and no reason has been given - NSW Health has suddenly ditched numbers for COVID tests per suburb. This is disappointing because we believe Hawkesbury residents deserve to know what it happening with COVID in our own backyard.
But let's look at the numbers we do have...
* Of the 1599 local cases (was 1542 yesterday) reported to 8pm Friday, September 11 - 94 (was 88 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health Distrcit (LHD, which includes the Hawkesbury
* 14 new cases in the Hawkesbury - all of which are from an unknown source and not linked
* There are 2168 active cases Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* There are 219 active in the Hawkesbury LGA, 101 of which are from an unknown source
* NSW Health for the second day in a row is no longer listing active cases for each postcode in an easy to read format. Instead, the only way to determine how many new daily cases there are in each postcode is to trawl through the NSW Health datasets excel spreadsheets and sort via each postcode. These datasets are around 90% correct. For instance there was 1427 cases listed in the datasets today but NSW Health announced there were 1599 new cases.
* There are 3900 people with COVID in NSW being cared for at home via hospital grade care. There are over 12,000 people being cared for in the community by NSW Health. Most are in the home.
* The NSW Labor opposition is considering providing its own 11am press conference as Premier Gladys Berejiklian bows out from the daily media briefings after Sunday. We are told Blue Mountains State MP Trish Doyle is discussing the issue with the state Labor team.
* The US CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) has reported that unvaccinated Americans are 11 times more likely to die of coronavirus than those who have been vaccinated.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 6 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks
There are 97 active COVID cases in 2753.
* 5 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia).
There are 71 active COVID cases in 2756.
* 2 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes).
There are 32 active COVID cases in 2754.
* 1 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness).
There are 17 active COVID cases in 2758.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
97 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 91 yesterday
71 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 66 yesterday
32 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 30 yesterday
17 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 16 yesterday
2 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 2 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours
A man in his 70s from western Sydney died at Blacktown Hospital
A man in his 30s from western Sydney died at home, he tested positive after he died
A man in his 40s from south-western Sydney died at home, he tested positive after he died
A man in his 70s from western Sydney died at Royal North Shore Hospital
A woman in her 80s from Sydney’s southern suburbs died at Sutherland Hospital
A man in his 80s from south-western Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital
A woman in her 80s from south western Sydney died at Campbelltown Hospital
A man in his 50s from western Sydney died at Royal North Shore Hospital
All had underlying health issues.
* There have been 171 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta outbreak in NSW. 17 of the 171 died at home.
* There are 1164 COVID patients (was 1156 yesterday) in hospital, with 221 (207 yesterday) people in ICU, 94 (89 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
* There were 147,975 COVID-19 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 133,226.
* There have been 36,374 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported with approximately 21,000 being unlinked cases and under investigation.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!