COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury – plus local vaccination rates – Wednesday Sept 8
Alongside today’s in-depth round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers, compiled by Kevin Pollard, who has trawled NSW Health’s latest daily numbers and put them together in an easily accessible form, we’re now also including vaccination rates per suburb.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 9 new cases are in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area (LGA) - 6 of which are from an unknown source and not linked.
* There are 167 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury LGA, 74 of which are from an unknown source.
* Kurmond postcode 2757 is way ahead in the Hawkesbury vaccination rollout with 90% of the eligible population having had their first dose, and 59% on second dose. This is the highest vaccination rate in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District. Of a population of 868, and eligible population for a vaccine of 742, they don't have any active COVID cases, have only recorded 1 COVID case (in April 2020) in the last 21 months of the pandemic, yet have the highest vaccination rate in the Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
* Of the 1480 new NSW cases of COVID (was 1220 yesterday) reported to 8pm last night, 60 (was 79 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (LHD), which includes the Hawkesbury.
* Richmond Before and After School Care (also known as Richmond OOSH) at West Market Street, has closed its doors temporarily following 2 positive COVID cases. Exposure period is Monday August 30 to Friday September 3.
* There are 1913 active cases in Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* 1.135% of the COVID tests reported today in NSW returned a positive result. That's the second highest ratio during this Delta outbreak in NSW.
* There are 26,907 active COVID cases in NSW.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 4 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia).
There are 53 active COVID cases in 2756.
* 2 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks). There are 79 active COVID cases in 2753.
* 2 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness). There are 10 active COVID cases in 2758.
1 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes).
There are 24 active COVID cases in 2754.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
79 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 77 yesterday
53 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 49 yesterday
24 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 23 yesterday
10 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 8 yesterday
1 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 1 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours
A woman in her 60s from Agnes Banks in Nepean Blue Mountains died at Nepean Hospital.
An Aboriginal man in his 60s from Dubbo died at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. It's the third Aboriginal COVID death from Western NSW.
A man in his 90s from south-east Sydney died at St George Hospital. He was a resident of St George Aged Care Facility in Bexley and acquired his infection there. It's the third death at this aged care home from a resident who acquired the virus there.
A man in his 20s from western Sydney died at Nepean Hospital.
A man in his 80s from south-eastern Sydney died at Prince of Wales Hospital.
A man in his 70s from western Sydney died at St Vincent’s Hospital.
A man in his 80s from western Sydney died at Westmead Hospital
A man in his 70s from south western Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital
A man in his 40s from south western Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital
All 9 who died had underlying health conditions, some significant. There have been 149 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta variant outbreak in NSW.
There are 1136 COVID patients (was 1151 yesterday) in hospital, with 194 (192 yesterday) people in ICU, 78 (75 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There were 130,341 COVID-19 tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 100,745.
There have been 31,919 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported, with approximately 19,000 being unlinked cases and under investigation.
Hawkesbury vaccination rates per postcode (as of Sept 7 - they are updated every few days)
2757 - Kurmond - 90% + first dose, 50-59% two doses
2754 - North Richmond, etc - 80-89% + first dose, 50-59% two doses
2758 - Bilpin, etc - 70-79% + first dose, 40-49% two doses
2756 - Windsor, etc - 70-79% + first dose, 30-39% two doses
2753 - Richmond, etc - 70-79% + first dose, 30-39% two doses
2775 - Wisemans Ferry, etc - 60-69% + first dose, 30-39% two doses
Other Nepean Blue Mountains LHD are between 60-79% first doses and 20-59% two doses.
COVID tests, dates, and positive cases by Hawkesbury postcode:
Tests in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, etc - 2753 population 17,314):
714 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
432 - Sep 07 (10 new cases)
785 - Sep 06 (6 new cases)
793 - Sep 05 (6 new cases)
623 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
591 - Sep 03
547 - Sep 02 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, etc - 2756 population 33,932):
927 - Sep 08 (4 new cases)
740 - Sep 07 (1 new case)
1,162 - Sep 06 (1 new case)
1,084 - Sep 05 (7 new cases)
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
996 - Sep 03 (6 new cases)
1,002 - Sep 02 (6 new cases)
Tests in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc - 2758 population 8715):
170 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
128 - Sep 07
228 - Sep 06
220 - Sep 05
167 - Sep 04 (1 new case)
Tests in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes - 2754 population 5693):
144 - Sep 08 (1 new case)
116 - Sep 07
212 - Sep 06 (2 new cases)
184 - Sep 05
164 - Sep 04 (7 new cases)
Tests in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry - 2775 population 1549):
11 - Sep 08
8 - Sep 07
21 - Sep 06
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!