COVID by the numbers in the Hawkesbury - Monday report – 101 NEW CASES IN LAST 7 DAYS
Welcome to Monday evening and the latest Hawkesbury COVID numbers in depth – these are up to 8pm on Sunday night.
It's the most up to date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers, compiled by Kevin Pollard from NSW Health datasets. Our thanks to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible form.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* There have been 101 new COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (population 68,000) over the last seven days: 11, 9, 17, 21, 14, 13, 16 - or one in 680 cases in residents in the last week.
* Of the 1257 new NSW cases (was 1262 yesterday) reported to 8pm Sunday, 12 September - 78 (was 80 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District (LHD), which includes the Hawkesbury.
* 16 new cases were from the Hawkesbury LGA - 6 of which are from an unknown source and not linked.
* There are 146 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury LGA, was 135 the day before.
* There are 877 active cases (was 865 yesterday) in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
* Of the 185 people that have died due to COVID in NSW during this Delta outbreak, at least 23 were fully vaccinated.
* From today for 12 to 15-year-olds, Pfizer is available at GPs in NSW and from next week Moderna will be available at pharmacists for 12 to 15 year olds.
* NSW and Victoria represent 58% of Australia's population yet those 2 states have 93% of all COVID cases and 97% of all deaths.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 9 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia).
There are 56 active COVID cases in 2756.
* 7 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks).
There are 61 active COVID cases in 2753.
Hawkesbury active COVID cases by postcode
61 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 53 the day before
56 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 50 the day before
20 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 21 the day before
9 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc) - was 9 the day before
1 in the 2775 postcode (Wiseman's Ferry, Lower Macdonald) - was 2 the day before
Hawkesbury postcodes - dates, tests, new cases
Tests in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, etc - 2753 population 17,314):
794 - Sep 13 (7 new cases)
551 - Sep 12 (3 new cases)
870 - Sep 11 (6 new cases)
670 - Sep 10 (5 new cases)
882 - Sep 09 (7 new cases)
714 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
432 - Sep 07 (10 new cases)
785 - Sep 06 (6 new cases)
793 - Sep 05 (6 new cases)
Tests in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, etc - 2756 population 33,932):
1123 - Sep 13 (9 new cases)
805 - Sep 12 (8 new cases)
959 - Sep 11 (5 new cases)
963 - Sep 10 (10 new cases)
1191 - Sep 09 (3 new cases)
927 - Sep 08 (4 new cases)
740 - Sep 07 (1 new case)
1162 - Sep 06 (1 new case)
1084 - Sep 05 (7 new cases)
902 - Sep 04 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, etc - 2758 population 8715):
228 - Sep 13
186 - Sep 12
154 - Sep 11 (1 new case)
156 - Sep 10 (5 new cases)
248 - Sep 09 (1 new case)
170 - Sep 08 (2 new cases)
Tests in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes - 2754 population 5693):
215 - Sep 13
118 - Sep 12 (2 new cases)
182 - Sep 11 (2 new cases)
172 - Sep 10 (1 new case)
250 - Sep 09 (5 new cases)
Tests in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry, Macdonald Valley - 2775 population 1549):
28 - Sep 13
15 - Sep 12
16 - Sep 11
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – last 24 hours
A man in his 90s from Dubbo died at the St Mary’s Villa Aged Care Facility, where he acquired his infection. He was fully vaccinated. Had underlying health issues.
A man in his 80s from Sydney’s inner city died at St Vincent’s Hospital.
A woman in her 60s from south western Sydney died at Campbelltown Hospital.
A man in his 80s died at Nepean Hospital. He acquired his infection at the Hawkesbury Living Aged Care Facility in Richmond. His is the second death linked to an outbreak at this facility. He was fully vaccinated. Had underlying health issues.
A man in his 90s from south western Sydney died at Liverpool Hospital. He was fully vaccinated. Had underlying health issues.
A woman in her 90s from Sydney’s inner west died at Concord Hospital.
A man in his 80s from south western Sydney died at Sutherland Hospital. He was fully vaccinated. Had underlying health issues.
There have been 185 COVID-related deaths during this current Delta outbreak in NSW.
There are 1189 patients with COVID (was 1206 yesterday) in hospital, with 222 (220 yesterday) people in ICU, 94 (92 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There were 137,668 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 105,505.
There have been 38,856 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!