COVID by the numbers – Friday – 3 new Hawkesbury cases – Hawkesbury Living’s third COVID death
Updated: Oct 2, 2021
Welcome to Friday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Thursday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 3 new cases in the Hawkesbury – all linked.
* 83 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (was 89 yesterday)
* Sadly, a third COVID death at Hawkesbury Living Aged Care Facility in Richmond today - a lady in her 90s.
* Of the 864 local cases (was 941 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Thursday, September 30 - 49 (was 45 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* There are 588 active cases (was 598 yesterday) in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD.
* There were 112,334 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 120,993.
* There are 9841 active COVID cases in NSW.
There have been 57,357 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
* In NSW, by the end of today, October 1, of those aged 16 and over:
65.3% are fully vaccinated and 87.9% first dose
* 51.4% of 12-15 year olds have already had one dose after the first vaccine was administered in NSW for 12-15 year olds on September 13.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 1 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
* 1 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
* 1 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* 51 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 54 yesterday
* 24 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 26 yesterday
* 8 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 7 yesterday
* 0 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurrajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 2 yesterday.
NSW COVID vaccination status (of cases during the Delta outbreak from June 16 until September 30).
Based on NSW Health Surveillance Reports to September 18, and cases since.
354 deaths: 73.8% not vaccinated (261 people), 13.8% had received 1 dose (49 people), 12.4% were fully vaccinated (44 people).
827 in ICU: 81.2% not vaccinated, 14.6% had received 1 dose, 4.2% were fully vaccinated.
7542 hospitalised: 74.1% not vaccinated, 14.2% had received 1 dose, 11.7% were fully vaccinated.
57,357 cases: 66.2% not vaccinated, 19.5% had received 1 dose, 14.3% were fully vaccinated.
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 15 deaths in the last 24 hours - one in the Hawkesbury
NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 15 people with COVID – 8 women and 7 men.
Three people were in their 50s, two people in their 60s, two people in their 70s, six people in their 80s, and two people in their 90s.
Five people were from western Sydney, four people were from south western Sydney, three people were from the Nepean Blue Mountains area, two people were from Sydney’s inner west, and one person was from south eastern Sydney.
9 people were not vaccinated, 1 had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 5 people were fully vaccinated.
Two people from the Nepean Blue Mountains area who died acquired their infections in an aged care setting – the lady at Hawkesbury Living–and a woman in her 80s at the Uniting Springwood Aged Care Facility - Hillman House (the second Covid death at this facility).
Two people who died acquired their infections in a hospital setting – a man in his 80s from south eastern Sydney at the Mater Hospital and a woman in her 80s at Westmead Hospital.
One person died at home – a woman in her 50s from south western Sydney who tested positive to COVID-19 following her death.
There have been 354 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 33 of the 354 have died at home. 18 of those 33 didn't know they had COVID at the time of their deaths.
At least 44 of the 354 COVID-related deaths in NSW since June 16 were people who were fully vaccinated.
The 44 deaths among people fully vaccinated were 2 people in their 50s, 2 people in their 60s, 15 people in their 70s, 14 people in their 80s and 11 people in their 90s.
There are a further 4100 cases being cared for in their homes by NSW Health via 'hospital grade care'.
At least 33 of the 354 have died at home. 18 of them didn't know they had COVID at the time of death and NSW Health weren't aware of these people.
There are 1055 patients with COVID (was 1090 yesterday) in hospital, with 210 (213 yesterday) people in ICU, 104 (105 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!