COVID by the numbers – Friday - 12 new Hawkesbury cases in postcodes 2753, 2754, 2756
Welcome to Friday evening and the latest in-depth Hawkesbury numbers and COVID local news – the numbers are up to 8pm on Thursday night.
This is the most up-to-date round-up of Hawkesbury COVID numbers you can get, compiled by numbers guru Kevin Pollard using NSW Health datasets.
Our thanks, as always, to Kevin for putting the numbers together in this easily accessible format.
Coupled with our regular news updates when we hear about new COVID venues, this builds into a useful daily source of information for Hawkesbury residents.
* 12 new cases in the Hawkesbury - 1 of which is from an unknown source and not linked.
* There are 131 active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury (was 131 yesterday).
* Of the 1043 new NSW cases (was 1063 yesterday) reported to 8pm, Thursday, September 23 - 58 (was 64 yesterday) are from Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District, which includes the Hawkesbury.
* A new walk-in COVID Astra Zeneca-only vaccination clinic will be open tomorrow Saturday September 25, and Sunday at Windsor’s Hawkesbury Hospital. The clinic will operate as part of the after-hours GP clinic and administer the AZ vaccine on weekends from now on, starting at 2pm to 8pm.
* Australia will receive 9 million doses of Pfizer each month for the rest of the year. We will also receive 2 million doses of Moderna this month and a further 3 million doses for the rest of the year.
* NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian warns today warns against 'freedom day' mentality as October 11 firms as NSW reopening day.
* International students are coming back to NSW – initially 650 of them as part of a pilot program in December which involves expressions of interest, charter flights and special quarantine facilities.
* There was a pandemic record 103 new cases from Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD today with most being in Wollongong. NSW's Chief Medical Officer Dr Kerry Chant mentioned the 'serious concern' she has for this area. The total number of cases in the Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD has now climbed to 1001.
* There were 131,668 COVID tests reported to 8pm last night, compared with the previous day’s total of 139,182.
Hawkesbury postcodes with new cases in the last 24 hours
* 6 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, Bligh Park, Clarendon, Ebenezer, Mulgrave, Pitt Town, South Windsor, Freemans Reach, McGraths Hill, Upper Colo, Central Colo, Colo Heights, Lower Portland, Glossodia)
* 4 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Richmond Lowlands, Londonderry, Grose Vale, Grose Wold, Bowen Mountain, Hobartville, Yarramundi, Agnes Banks)
* 2 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes)
Total active COVID cases in the Hawkesbury - and postcodes they are in
* 77 in the 2756 postcode (Windsor, Sackville, Wilberforce, etc) - was 78 yesterday
* 40 in the 2753 postcode (Richmond, Londonderry, Grose Vale, etc) - was 42 yesterday
* 8 in the 2754 postcode (North Richmond, Tennyson, The Slopes) - was 6 yesterday
* 5 in the 2758 postcode (Bilpin, East Kurrajong, Kurrajong, Kurrajong Heights, Kurajong Hills, Mountain Lagoon, Wheeny Creek Mount Tomah, Berambing, Blaxlands Ridge, Devils Wilderness) - was 5 yesterday
* 1 in the 2775 postcode (Wisemans Ferry, Lower Macdonald, Spencer) - was 1 yesterday
COVID deaths and hospital numbers – 11 deaths in the last 24 hours - none in the Hawkesbury
One person was in their 40s, two in their 50s (including one woman who died at Nepean Hospital), one in their 60s, six in their 80s, one in their 90s.
Ten people were unvaccinated, and one had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. All had underlying medical conditions.
One of these people was a man in his 50s from Broken Hill, who died at Broken Hill Base Hospital. He was a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case and was not vaccinated. He had underlying medical conditions.
Two of these people died at home and were tested for COVID-19 after they had passed away.
One was a woman in her 80s from Sydney’s inner west who is linked to an outbreak at a social housing complex in Camperdown. She was not vaccinated.
Another was a man in his 40s from western Sydney. He was not vaccinated and had underlying medical conditions.
There have been 279 COVID-related deaths in NSW since this Delta outbreak started on June 16.
At least 27 of the 279 have died at home. 12 of the 27 who died at home didn't know they had COVID at the time of death.
At least 34 of the 279 COVID-19 related deaths in NSW since 16 June 2021 were people who were fully vaccinated.
There are 1186 patients with COVID (was 1244 yesterday) in hospital, with 232 (233 yesterday) people in ICU, 110 (112 yesterday) of whom require ventilation.
There are currently 12,148 active cases in NSW.
There have been 51,148 locally acquired cases reported since June 16, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.
Big thanks to Kevin Pollard for crunching the numbers.
Our source information - link to NSW Health figures:
If you are already a Hawkesbury Post supporter, thank you! Our site is free, relying on our supporters to operate. Independent journalism is more important than ever, please consider contributing.
Don't pay so you can read it. Pay so everybody can read it!