10.30pm POWER UPDATE - 7000 Hawkesbury homes without power, many will be out until tomorrow
Following the storm that swept through earlier this evening, some 7000 Hawkesbury properties are still without power at 11pm and many will not see power restored until sometime tomorrow morning.
Endeavour Energy emergency crews will continue to work late into the night to make safe and restore power to 17,000 homes across the network which are currently without power after tonight’s ferocious storm.
As many as 5000 homes will almost certainly be without power until the morning.
Hawkesbury suburbs affected are: Wilberforce (1089), Hobartville (834), Richmond (820), Londonderry (767), Ebenezer (536), Oakville (407), Agnes Banks (403), Maroota (342), Castlereagh (328), Pitt Town (322), Yarramundi (302), Lower Portland (290), South Maroota (246) and Lower MacDonald (212).
The wild weather saw the BOM recording wind gusts of more than 100 km/h across a large area, bringing down trees and power lines in many locations.
While more than 3000 customers have been restored in the past two hours, the scale and widespread nature of the storm damage means around 5000 homes will still be without power in the morning. These customers have received direct messages with safety information and updates on estimated restoration times.
Additional crews from across the Endeavour Energy network will start work early tomorrow morning to safely restore power to the remaining customers as quickly as possible.
“We are confident that all power will be restored tomorrow,” a spokesman told the Post at 10.45pm.
Endeavour Energy said they appreciate the patience shown by customers and the community as the clean-up from this storm latest continues, particularly those who endured the sweltering heat after losing power during Sunday’s windstorm.
The other affected suburbs include:
· Blue Mountains - Winmalee (2463), Springwood (910) and Glenbrook (591)
· Lithgow - Wallerawang (476) and Little Hartley (365),
· Western Sydney - Lethbridge park (445).
Tips for customers
· Please stay at least 8 metres from fallen powerlines and report them immediately by calling our emergency line 131 003.
· Report outages online at www.endeavourenergy.com.au/powerupdates.
· Check estimated restoration times by:
o entering your suburb into the power outage application at www.endeavourenergy.com.au/outages
o downloading the free Endeavour Energy outage app from the App Store or Google Play store.
· People who need power for home medical equipment should check their battery supply and consider acting on their back up plan.
· See http://bit.ly/EEoutages for outage information and safety tips.